My daughter wanted me to make her tiny little bears out of Lint Clay, I found this recipe:
HOMEMADE Lint Clay
2 cups firmly packed dryer lint
1/3 cup warm water
6 tablespoons white glue
1 tablespoon clear dishwashing liquid
Put lint into a mixing bowl.
Add the other ingredients.
Mix thoroughly. When you can no longer mix, kneadwith hands until of a uniform texture.
Shape and model figures or cover an molds with it,
I made this and mailed it to a woman in Cananda. I belong to Swap-bot and it was the Pimp Your Bra swap. It took a long time to get to her but finially it did. I thought I was going to have to make another one for her.
I made this purse with a long snout to put tampons or lipsticks in! It’s made from a shrunken sweater and has a zipper mouth.
How it was done:
- First I cut off the side pieces of the bra.
- I sewed the two cups together going uo the side a little bit to close up the top opening.
- On the black purse I also sewed a wedge shape in the bottom, because the larger size bras that have a deep plunge are hard to close at the top.
- I sewed on the closure of the purse using the cut off hook and eye from the back of the bra.
- I sewed on the straps to make the handle. On both purses I added extra length to the straps with matching straps so it would be lon enough to be a shoulder bag.